Larry Blank is one of the most prolific and sought after composers, conductors, and orchestrators in the entertainment business today. His work has been presented all over the world, including some of Broadway’s most successful musicals, Carnegie Hall, and top television and film projects.
He was the Music Director/Conductor and/or vocal arranger for many shows on Broadway and in Los Angeles including They're Playing Our Song, Evita, Sugar Babies, La Cage Aux Folles, Phantom Of The Opera, Onward Victoria, Copperfield, Colette, A Chorus Line and A Little Night Music. He has been nominated twice for both the Tony Award and the Drama Desk Award for his orchestrations in The Drowsy Chaperone and Irving Berlin's White Christmas.
Mr. Blank has worked with top talent from varied fields of the entertainment world, notably as personal conductor to Michael Crawford. He has also worked with Michael Feinstein, Marvin Hamlisch, Bernadette Peters, Kelsey Grammar, Christine Baranski, Roberta Flack, Pete Fountain, Peabo Bryson, Sally Kellerman, Nancy Dussault, Marc Shaiman, Jerry Herman, Ann- Margaret, Davis Gaines, Bette Midler, George Benson, Placido Domingo, Randy Newman, Trisha Yearwood, Tom Scott, Quincy Jones, Michael Bolton, John Raitt and Diana Rigg.
Blank’s background includes orchestrating and arranging songs for South Park and was Music Supervisor and Orchestrator for Jerry Herman’s movie, Mrs. Santa Claus starring Angela Lansbury and Charles Durning. Some of the films he lent his talent to include The Kid, Kiss The Girls, The American President, Forget Paris, City Slickers II, The Net, That¹s Entertainment III, North, I¹d Do Anything, and Stuart Saves His Family. Blank’s music can be heard on the animated feature films, Cats Don’t Dance and All Dogs Go To Heaven as well as the 101 Dalmations Christmas Special.
Mr. Blank’s television work includes orchestrating and composing music for several of the Grammy Awards and Academy Award shows as well as numerous television movies and shows.
Mr. Blank has guest conducted most of the orchestras throughout the world, including The San Francisco Symphony, The New York Philharmonic, Western Australia Symphony Orchestra, The Los Angeles Philharmonic, Palm Beach Pops, Auckland Symphony, The National Symphony Orchestra,The Boston Pops, The Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Calgary Symphony, New Orleans Symphony and Toronto Symphony.
Shows Associated this writer
Songs Associated this writer
Concerts Associated this writer
- Snow (Theatre Version)
- I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (Theatre Version)
- White Christmas Overture (Theatre Version)
- Happy Holiday/Let Yourself Go (Theatre Version)
- Sisters (Theatre Version)
- The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing
- Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep (Theatre Version)
- Blue Skies (Theatre Version)
- Falling Out Of Love Can Be Fun (Theatre Version)
- White Christmas (Theatre Version)
- Cole Porter Tribute Overture
- It Only Takes A Moment
- The Best Christmas Of All (TV Version)
- It Only Takes A Moment (C/D)
- It Only Takes A Moment (B/Db)
- I Won't Send Roses (Eb/E - Feinstein)
- I Won't Send Roses (Eb/E - Crawford)
- I Won't Send Roses (C/Db - Ron Raines)
- Miss Spectacular
- Where In The World Is My Prince?
- White Christmas (2016 HOLIDAY INN Recording Version)
- Shaking The Blues Away (2016 Broadway Version)