The Getting To Know (G2K) Collection offers a pioneering approach to producing and performing classic, beloved musicals with elementary, middle and junior high school students and youth theatre performers.
Elementary and Middle/Junior High Schools, please email Hal Leonard to license your production: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other groups, please call R&H Theatricals: (800) 400-8160.
Consisting of 50-70 minute versions, that maintain the essence and story of the full-length work, the musicals encompassed in the Getting To Know Collection are expertly designed and developed to offer young people the opportunity to experience musical theatre by providing teachers and theatre professionals with age-appropriate, education-based, easy-to-use adaptations of the best of Musical Theatre.
Featuring musical arrangements transposed into keys that accommodate young voices, each user-friendly Getting To Know Collection “Showkit” includes:
- Student libretto-vocal book with character/scene charts, theatrical terms, autograph book
- Professional quality CD recording of the complete orchestral score with vocals to assist your cast in learning the songs
- Cue-to-cue CD recording of the orchestral score and sound effects to which the musical can be performed (Piano-Vocal Scores also allow for its presentation with live piano accompaniment)
- Director’s Guide with comprehensive notes on pre-production; working with a young cast; performance space options; auditions and casting tips, detailed character analyses; the rehearsal process; choreography and musical staging;
- “Video Guide to Musical Staging,” a video demonstrating the choreography for the major musical numbers
- Study Guide, providing lesson plans and exercises based on the show, to help integrate the production into a school curriculum.
The response to the Getting To Know Collection has been phenomenal.
Teachers, administrators, youth theatre directors and parents are discovering firsthand how participation in the Getting To Know Collection sparks a young person’s imagination, builds their communication skills and instills a sense of discipline, responsibility and dedication. By introducing kids to musical theater, you foster their burgeoning talents and build a lifelong appreciation for musicals and develop the audiences of tomorrow. As anyone who has ever been involved in a musical, onstage or off, will tell you, it is an exhilarating experience you never forget.
Youth Theatre and other Organizations, please call R&H Theatricals: (800) 400-8160.