With a life that spanned more than 100 years and a catalogue that boasted over 1000 songs, Irving Berlin epitomized Jerome Kern's famous maxim that "Irving Berlin has no place in American music -- he is American music."
Irving Berlin was born Israel Beilin on May 11, 1888. One of eight children, his exact place of birth is unknown, although his family had been living in Tolochin, Byelorussia, when they immigrated to New York in 1893. When his father died, Berlin, just turned 13, took to the streets in various odd jobs, working as a busker singing for pennies, then as a singing waiter in a Chinatown Cafe. In 1907 he published his first song, "Marie from Sunny Italy," and by ...
Annie Get Your GunAnnie Oakley is the best shot around, and she manages to support her little ...
Annie Get Your Gun (Stone)ANNIE GET YOUR GUN scored a bulls eye when it returned to Broadway in 1999, ...
As Thousands CheerIt was the Depression era version of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE and THE DAILY SHOW. ...
Last chance to see three times Olivier award-winning production TOP HAT at the Aldwych Theatre. Now Playing until October 26, 2013. Read More
New DRG Recording Celebrates WWII-era Songs from Rodgers & Hammerstein, Irving Berlin, Rodgers & Hart and Others. Read More
On Friday April 6, Oxford University Press will release two new books on the life and work of Irving Berlin to join a growing library of volumes on America's most prolific songwriter. Read More
- Always (Bishop Version)
- Berlin Patriotic Overture
- It's A Lovely Day Today (Theatre Version)
- Moonshine Lullaby (Theatre Version)
- There's No Business Like Show Business (Peter Stone Version)
- There's No Business Like Show Business (A to Bb Concert Version)
- White Christmas (Bass)
- Annie Get Your Gun - starring Emma Williams, Jason Donovan, and ...
- Mark Saltzman &Stafford Arima on THE TIN PAN ALLEY RAG at The ...
- Salute to "Mr. President" Part 2. KMH 11/7/1962
- Salute to "Mr. President" Part 1. KMH 11/7/1962
- Celebration! Stephanie Blythe Meets Kate Smith LIVE FROM ...
- "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" Charter Commercial