When you license a production of
Rodgers & Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA!
for performances between September 1, 2018 - December 31, 2019,
you’ll have the opportunity to gift a FREE license of
GETTING TO KNOW… OKLAHOMA!
to a Title I school in need of arts education.
Spread the joy of musical theater to your community and celebrate the birth of the American musical with the 75th Anniversary of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA! Provide students with a quality arts-based educational experience that will live with them forever.
It might interest you to know...
Students who participate in the performing arts build a sense of community, communication skills, collaboration skills, public speaking experience, empathy and compassion. In many studies, researchers link involvement in the arts to better child development and overall higher student achievement. Providing students with:
- Higher academic achievement
- Improved confidence and self-presentation skills
- A medium for self-expression
- Problem solving and perseverance skills
- Empathy and compassion
When you put on a production of OKLAHOMA!, you will have the opportunity to provide a quality arts-based educational experience by gifting a free license of GETTING TO KNOW… OKLAHOMA! to a Title 1 school in your community. The gift of the performing arts gives students:
- Personal Growth and self-awareness
- Increased self-esteem and a sense of community support
- A better understanding of other cultures and a greater appreciation for diversity
- Strengthened relationships within their school, community, and family.
Establishing a relationship and true partnership with your chosen Title 1 school after licensing OKLAHOMA! in its 75th Anniversary year will give students in both schools the skills to:
- Establish a connectedness to their school and community
- Build their self-esteem
- Teach empathy and moral reasoning
- Improve intrapersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Create new relationships and friendships